A cookie is a small piece of data that our website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows our website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. This page contains information about how cookies are used on Quintus Technologies’ website.
You have to allow storage of cookies on your computer or device to be able to use Quintus Technologies’ website. Cookies are used to improve users access to different functionality and to provide you with a good experience when you browse the website.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file containing a series of letters and numbers that a website stores on your computer or device. There are two types of cookies. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer or device over a period of time. They are used, for example, by the website to determine when you last visited the site so it can highlight for you what’s new since you visited last time. The other type of cookie is session cookies. Session cookies are only stored and used while you visit a website and are deleted once your visit is over. Such a cookie could be used for, for example, to store which language setting you currently have. If you do not want to allow cookies to be stored on your computer or device you can control this in the settings in your web browser.
Tools for web statistics
This website uses Google Analytics and Orbtr to keep track of visitors to the site. The following cookies are set:
- _utmb is used to determine the length and number of page views on the site and it’s stored for 30 minutes after it was created and last updated.
- _utmz is used to keep track of how a visitor found the website and it’s stored for six months.
- _utma is used to identify unique visitors and it’s stored for two years.
- orbtr_session is used to determine the length and number of page views on the site and it’s deleted once you close your web browser.
- orbtr_uid used to identify unique visitors and is stored for two months.
- seenposts is used to keep track of what news you have read and it’s stored for a year.
Disable web statistics?
If you do not want your visits to this website to be recorded in the statistics available in Google Analytics you can install a plugin in your web browser. This plugin is available for Apple Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Opera. You can download the plugin here.
On this website, videos from YouTube may be shown. They are played with YouTube’s embedded video player and when you watch a video cookies are stored by YouTube.com.
- Visitor_INFO1_LIVE is stored for eight months.
- use-hotbox and PREF are deleted once you close your web browser.